The Once and Future Queen has been shortlisted in its first contest: The Chanticleer Reviews 2017 Instruction and Insight Non-Fiction Book Awards. We’ll find out if it takes home the Grand Prize in its category on April 21, or maybe even Book of the Year! (Hey, it can’t hurt to hope!)
I’ve also had some really fun things happen lately and if you don’t follow me on social media, you might have missed them:
- A blogger told me that she’ll be using The Once and Future Queen as part of her sources for presentation she’s giving at her local library and that she has asked them to purchase my books for the library. This is proof that targeted blog tours can result in sales!
- My audio book narrator for Been Searching for You, Ashley Clements gave the book a shout out on Instagram Live.
- Susan Weintrob did this really cool review of Madame Presidentess where she added in a recipe for the tomato sup Victoria is said to have ordered at Delmonico’s.
- Here’s my first moment of having someone fangirl over my books (and on video, no less):
If you can help out Kelly’s literacy project, please do!
Also, I have several books in free giveaways on BookFunnel this month:
- Nonfiction – The Once and Future Queen
- Mythological March Madness – Daughter of Destiny and Camelot’s Queen
Please tell all your friends if they want free books!
I am beyond thrilled to announce that the audio book of my romantic comedy Been Searching for You will be narrated by Ashley Clements! She’s best know as the star of the Youtube series The Lizzie Bennett Diaries (and its book and audio book spinoffs), for which she won a Streamy award for Best Actress in a Drama. She has also narrated an audio book by Gemma Halliday and appeared in the series Muzzed, the Musical. Soon she’ll be starring in the romantic comedy Non-Transferable and playing Charlotte Bronte in the series Edgar Allan Poe’s Murder Mystery Dinner Party.
If you’ve seen The Lizzie Bennett Diaries (or listened to the audio books) you know she’s a one-woman powerhouse of voices and characters. If you haven’t, get to Youtube or Amazon Prime now and watch this series – it’s a hilarious modern-day retelling of Pride & Prejudice in vlog format. You will NOT regret it. That’s how I fell in love with her.
I originally had a British actress in mind when I wrote the character of Annabeth in Been Searching for You, but when I saw Ashley, I actually said out loud “Oh my God, that’s Annabeth!” And she’s been my dream choice even since. Who knows it if will ever be made into a movie, but at least I’ve got my dream Annabeth doing the audio.
We’re working with Deyan Studios and ACX to bring this audio book to you. I’m hoping to have it available on May 10 when the print and ebook versions are released, but you never know what may come up. More information as I know it.
Ashley, thanks so much for agreeing to work with me on this book!