2021 was my busiest year yet on purpose, but I also discovered my limits. I really believe that we design our own lives and therefore I want to design a life I love that includes all the things that are important to me.
FIRST: Go away COVID so we can do things in-person again! I want to go back to church, see my friends again, be able to go to the pool, travel, etc.
2022 Word of the Year: Glam (updated 1/25)
I had enticing as my Word of the Year, but the more I sat with that, the more it just didn’t feel right. The word glam has been in my world since December (it all started with this video–I think she is my spirit animal) and I really, really like it. It fits my overall ascetic and how I want to feel and be regarded. And besides, what is more glam than success??!
Contracted (meaning I’m contractually obligated to do these)
- Research and write the Fierce Females book (due Jan. 13, 2023)
- Edit League of Women Voters book (Jan 2022)
- Edit Minor bio (Jan- March 2002)
- Edit SATC book (TBD)
- Project involving Daughter of Destiny (Jan 2022)
- Write and record Historical Fiction Master Class (Jan 2022)
- Attend the Chanticleer Conference (April 2022 – I am SO excited to see my friends again! This is such an important vacation for me.)
- Write more fiction! (I know I won’t get all of these done, but this is my dream list, in no particular order)
- WWII (halfway done)
- Isolde (have 50,000 words I cut from Camelot’s Queen. Would love to have this done by April, but I doubt that will happen)
- Revolutionary War book (started)
- Female inventor (held over from last year’s goals)
- A few fun side projects:
- Family cookbook (using recipes from my parents, grandparents and other relatives)
- Studying tarot and other metaphysical topics
- Dream Atelier through the School of Self image
- Write my own magazine based on the Live Like An Editor workshop from last year
- Continue writing poetry
- Continue taking classes through the School of Self Image. This is doing so much for all areas of my life. It’s cheaper than therapy and makes me very happy.
- Lose 55 lbs (I’m on a weight control plan with my doctor and am working with a health coach. Focusing on eating well, medicine, mindset, and exercise)
- Learn to dance – whatever I can do without a partner. I LOVE to dance, need to move, and I want to feel sexy again.
- Find balance between work and writing; slowly start to shift in the direction of more writing. I have a long-term goal of becoming a full time author.
- Pay off debt – This is not only smart, but it is necessary for me to be able to move. I have three cities in mind where I’d like to live in the future. I’m not ready to add that to my list yet, but this is a baby step in that direction.
- Assuming COVID lets us: attend more cultural events like theatre, ballet, opera, symphony, dance, etc.