When I started this blog, my intent was to trace the publication process of books and my experience as an author. I think I’ve accomplished that on the self-pub side, so now as my first traditionally published books head to press, I want to bring you along on that journey as well. Here’s what is going on:
Sex and the City: A Cultural History
- Has a publication date: November 15, 2022 (This could change. There is a national paper shortage that is wreaking havoc on publication schedules for books large and small across the country.)
- Has been through two rounds of edits and photos are gathered.
- I’ve seen the cover. And I love it! Will share as soon as it is finalized.
- The book is now in production. I’m waiting to hear from that department on the rest of the schedule.
America’s Forgotten Suffragists: Virginia and Francis Minor
- Has a publication date: March 1, 2023.
- Has been through one round of edits and I should get the second one any day now.
- Photos are gathered.
- We’ve started talking about the cover. It is being designed.
League of Women Voters Book
- This one works differently because the League is contracting for the publishing, not me. They are working on that.
- We are still editing.
- Tentative publication date: August 26, 2022.
- I’ve been asked to me a mentor for the Launchpad Prose Competition in the next cycle. I’m really excited! You may remember that I was in the Top 10 in that competition a few years ago.
- I’m also serving as Novel Writing Expert for the National Association of Writers and Editors for the next three years.
- The Guinevere’s Tale Trilogy and America’s Forgotten Suffragists are finalists in their categories (Chaucer Early Historical Fiction-Best Series and Nellie Bly Award for Investigative Journalism, respectively) at the Chanticleer Book Awards. Winners will be announced at the conference in June. I’m still waiting to hear if Consequences is advancing in the novella category.
- I’ll be attending the virtual Biographer’s International Conference in May.
- I’m speaking at the Chanticleer Book Conference in Bellingham, Washington in June. Dates and times TBA.
- I’ll be selling books at Romance GenreCon 2022 in Kansas City, Kansas, in August.
- I’m a guest speaker at a private women’s retreat in Serenbe, Georgia, in September.
And I’m working on my next historical fiction and my next biography, as well as the non-fiction book that is due in January.