Book club discussion guide
Ideas for themed food and drink
- Special event appetizers like canapes, stuffed mushrooms, spinach in phyllo dough, mini crab cakes or other things you’d eat at a high-end special event like 50 Shades of Great or at a wedding.
- Chocolate chip pancakes (think of Mia while you’re eating them!)
- Tacos and burritos (in honor of Alex and Annabeth’s first date)
- Chicago-style hot dogs, Garret’s popcorn, Chicago-style pizza
- Lobster bisque and sea scallops (like on Annabeth’s birthday) lobster and veggies (like in the final scene) or Beef Wellington (like at Christmas)
- If you wish to include alcohol, champagne, mimosas, Cosmopolitans/Appletinis, beer, vodka, wine and whiskey (thanks to Alex’s heritage) are all appropriate, as they are consumed in the book.
- For more ideas, check out this list of iconic Chicago foods.
- See the book’s playlist
- Your favorite love songs
- The soundtrack to the musical Rent
- Michael Buble
- Frank Sinatra, especially “Chicago”
- Big Band music