They say that what you put out into the Universe becomes your reality. That’s what I’m doing in this post: setting my intentions and goals for the new year, putting them out into the Universe.
My friend Courtney had an interesting idea. She suggesting picking one word for the year, defining it and writing a personal statement about it. I liked that idea because it forces me to distill all the amazing things I’d like to accomplish down to a single concept.
The word of 2014 for me is: Bloom.
I got this idea from a tweet from my dear friend Lee Safar in which she said “2014 feels like the year that flowers will bloom!” The more I got to thinking about it, the more I realized how appropriate it is for where I am in my career and life. I’ve spent the last several years sowing the seeds of success. Last year was definitely one of sprouting seedlings and watching them grow. Now it’s time for them to bloom.
In 2014, I will see my career as an author and various things in my personal life bloom and come into fruition, bringing with them beauty and joy into the world.
Now, I can’t just sit back and wait for it to happen. I have to work at it with all my might. To that end, I have a series of goals for things I want to achieve this year. They include:
- Delivering book 3 and another non-related book I’m working on to my agent by the end of June.
- Finally being able to announce when Guinevere book 1 will be available to the world.
- Researching and beginning writing another Celtic era historical fiction novel.
- Attending the Sirens Conference with several of my writer friends in October (and possibly speaking there if I can come up with a topic and get it approved).
- Finding balance in my life between my day job, writing and all the other demands of life.
- Getting healthier so that I can have more energy to devote to the things I love.
- Being more active on Facebook. (I’m already on Twitter all the time.)
- Traveling for research (cross your fingers that I’ll have an announcement on this soon) for book 3 and my current non-related book.
- Continuing to find new ways to use this blog to reach out to Arthurian/Celtic fans, book lovers and writers. (You may see some new topics from me this year out of this goal.)
That may seem like a lot, but it’s all interrelated. And it’s what I’ll be focusing on over the next year as my life blooms. I hope your year is wonderful in every way possible.
What are your goals for 2014? What is your word for the year?
Comments are closed due to spam.